I've installed RSP1s and RSP2s on several computers so installing the software isn't new to me. I had it running on this computer until 2 days ago. The computer (then) had Windows 10 installed. 2 days ago Windows did some sort of update and totally messed up my monitor settings. Nothing I could do would get the resolution from 800x600 and back to normal. I tried unsuccessfully to solve that problem for several hours. So, I did a restore to factory defaults and now it has Win7 on it. I absolutely can NOT get any of the SDR software to work. It will not install the drivers. I deleted everything and went back to the beginning and installed SDRUno 1.13 with my RSP1. It took about 10 minutes, but it finally DID install the drivers and it worked. Having succeeded there, I updated SDRUno to 1.2. It wouldn't work at that point. I've tried everything I can think of. I've uninstalled programs and drivers. Made sure I was installing As Administrator. I have no clue what's going on. I do NOT want to have to put Win10 back on this machine. I've removed all traces (I think) of any SDR application (in the Programs and Features). I tried installing just the API by itself. I'm just going no where. I've been at this over 2 hours tonight alone.
I did not find the right solution from the internet.
Explainer Video Company